Are you looking to increase your culinary reprertoire? Come attend a culinary workshop inspired by the season! There are an array of classes to get you started- everything from "Clean Eating for Busy Families", and "Healthy Comfort Food" to "Spiralized Meals", "Vegetarian Meals" and "Make Ahead Meals". We are currently planning a Meat workshop with a local butcher who will show you how to break down and work with different cuts of meat. I am also planning a "One Pot Meals Under 30 Minutes" and a "Gluten Free Baking" workshop. Check them out today!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The classes are offered in my home in North Tacoma. Each class will be 2 1/2 hours (5-7:30 pm) , costs $65, and have a maximum of six students. Each person will take part in creating and prepping the meal from start to finish. Come hungry! You will receive every recipe we go over for that class as well as healthy tips and timesavers. Each class will be paired with wine and will finish with a feast of everything we have cooked that day.
- Clean Eating for Busy Families
- This class is focused on healthy meals the whole family can enjoy, especially those with children! We will be making:
- Meatloaf cupcakes with a whipped potato "frosting"
- Macaroni and Cheese using butternut squash and fresh vegetables (no kid can resist!)
- For desert we will be making a carrot cake truffle from fresh carrots and unsweetened coconut
- Healthy Comfort Foods
- We will be making your favorite foods healthier and lighter! All of this will be grain-free, gluten free, and refined sugar free. We will make:
- No-noodle zucchini and sausage lasagna
- Chicken pot pie made using fresh vegetables and an almond meal crust.
- For dessert we will make black bean brownies
- Meat Night with the Butcher
- We will have a resident butcher show us how to debone a chicken and butterfly a pork loin. These tricks will enable you to buy larger cuts of meat for your family, thereby getting a better value and the exact cut you want! We will be making:
- Spatchcocked chicken marinated in harissa and preserved lemons
- A pork loin pinwheel stuffed with spinach, feta, and sundried tomatoes
- For dessert we will make bananas foster to complete the steakhouse vibe and impress any dinner guests!
- Vegetarian Meals for Everyone
- These meals are not only for vegetarians anymore! These meals will make meat-eaters and vegetarians alike go back for more. We will be making:
- Baked eggplant rolls stuffed with quinoa
- Mushroom Bourguigon - just like Julia Child's beef dish, but minus the beef! The mushrooms more than make up for the lack of beef.
- For dessert we will make a vegan lime cheesecake using fresh limes and avocados
- Make Ahead Freezer Meals
- These recipes make great gifts for someone as well as offer a great time-saving solution for busy home cooks. This class will cover:
- Oven-braised beef with tomatoes and garlic
- Mushroom and mini meatball soup.
- We will also be making cookie dough already formed, so all you have to do is place them on a sheet pan and bake!
These are $100 a person, up to four hours, and can be held in either my kitchen or yours. The menu can be completely up to you, but I am here for inspiration! Some fun ideas would be a global cocktail party, a handmade Mexican taco feast, a Spanish tapas feast, a Northern Italian wine dinner, Asian street food, or the cuisines of India, the Middle East, or France. I will make sure your party is fun, exciting, and filled with marvelous food!